240 total views, 2 views today
MS Power BI Training - Foundations in Geneva, Zurich, Huston, San-Antonio, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Washington, Chicago, San Francisco and anywhere in Switzerland, USA, Great Britain and Germany.
ID : 1093
Goal : In this course you will gain a fundamental understanding of the capabilities of Power BI Desktop. You'll start out with seeing how you can quickly and easily gather data from a variety of sources, and then cleanse and transform that data with just a few clicks. Next, you'll also learn how you can enhance the results by integrating disparate data sources and adding simple calculations. Then, you'll learn how to explore your data with visualizations and simple reports. Finally, you'll learn what steps are necessary to keep your data up-to-date. By the end of this course, you'll have a firm understanding of the basic skills required for using Power BI to acquire and transform data, enhance the data for analysis, and produce reports and dashboards. This training also prepares the attendee for the Power BI 70-778 certification and for the Power Query, DAX, Power BI Service and Power BI Data Viz courses.
Audience : This course is especially designed to engineers, business analysts, data analysts and finance practitioners or every Microsoft Excel users that are ready to go beyond Microsoft Excel to a more powerful data-specific, communication and automization tool.
Prerequisites : It is strongly recommended but not mandatory to know Microsoft PowerPivot and DAX, Power Query, Power View and Power Map in Microsoft Excel to follow this training. Having also a general knowledge of BI is also a plus and knowledge of Database modelisation normal forms is assumed to be known (or have an equivalent knowledge to the training Database Modelisation).
- Power BI vs PowerPivot, Power View, Power Map and Power Query
- Recommended technical configuration (and MS Windows or Mac OS?)
- Understand the main differences between the various licenses (libre, pro, premium, premium per user, embedded)
- Related Tools (Excel Analyzer, Gateway, Report Builder)
- Recommended tools (DAX Studio, DAX Formatter, Power BI Helper, Theme Generator etc.)
- Discover and cutomize the user interface (and change UI language)
- Important and useful software settings for beginners
- Browse the Help register
- Save and discover the different type of Power BI files (pbix, pbit, pbids, json)
- Best practices (naming convention, synonyms for the Q&A, commenting, R, Python, corporate template creation, etc.)
- Creater and manage your tabs (reports)
- Creating datasets from Databases (Web, Odata, Azure, SSAS, SQL Server, etc.)
- Import Power View charts
- Import vs Direct Query vs Live Connection
- Creating datasets from Data Models and Data Files (*.txt, *.accdb, *.xlsbs, *.csv, *.xml, *.json, etc.)
- Create tables "on the fly" (manual tables)
- Renaming Queries, Folders and steps
- Combining (append) Queries
Pedagogical method : This training is based primarily on exercises set by the trainer and from the book which serves as support for the training. The trainer can if he wishes, but without obligation, work on trainees data. Training has no mathematical proofs and without explanation of the results of tests and output statistics concepts are assumed to be known. Do not hesitate to contact us to tailor the program to your technical needs and understanding.
Suggested duration for presentiel training (days) : 3
Suggested duration for on-line training (days) : 3.6
Daily price in face-to-face : 1200 CHF
Daily price in remote : 576 CHF
: nous contacter (uniquement si carte étudiant)
Daily price in remote (with recording) : 6000 CHF
Prices are per day per trainee without course material, without certificate, without evaluation, without exam, without training room or computer (these are each optional and must be requested in addition in the contact form for the establishment of the quote).
- Title : Pro Power BI Desktop
- Author(s) : Adam Aspin
- Pages : 509
- ISBN : 978-1484218044
Tags : training, microsoft power bi desktop, ms power bi desktop, power business intelligence, power bi training, power bi cours, power bi desktop training, power pi desktop course.