MS Power BI Training - Power Query in Geneva, Zurich, Huston, San-Antonio, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Washington, Chicago, San Francisco and anywhere in Switzerland, USA, Great Britain and Germany.
ID : 1119
Goal : The objective of this training is to acquire the necessary knowledge in Power Query to process, clean or link large amounts of data from different sources for post-analysis in the spreadsheet software as a table or in the PowerPivot model. The trainer will also introduce most common business cases that makes problems to Power Query users in MS Excel or MS Power BI. This training also prepares the attendee for the Power BI 70-778 certification and for the Power BI Desktop and M language training.
Audience : This training is mainly for marketing, advertising, logistics or actuarial analysts or any other profile that has to do simple statistical analysis or controlling in their job and wishing to avoid creating formulas (especially VLOOKUP/XLOOKUP and MATCH/INDEX) or macros with a spreadsheet software.
Prerequisites : Have a good knowledge of relational databases theory and a very strong experience of using formulas in Microsoft Excel.
- What is an ETL?
- Recommended Technical Configuration
- Presentation and customization of the user interface (recover the steps pane)
- Version check and update
- Browse the Help register
- Differences between Excel's Power Query and Power BI's Power Query
- Reminders on Leszinsky-Reddick naming convention
- Enter data manually
- Delete authentification data
- Types of data sources for Power Query (text files, spreadsheets, relational database, internet, etc.)
- Importing external Microsoft Excel tables (and related traps)
- Create importation groups
- Choose columns to import
- Load and save a query in a table
- Change Power Query default behavior
- Load and save a query in a connection
- Delete a query
- Import a * .csv or * .xlsx file folder
- Identify and Manage errors
Pedagogical method : This training is based on exercises mainly imposed by the trainer or on the client files if the data and requests have already been sent at least two days before the training.
Suggested duration for presentiel training (days) : 2
Suggested duration for on-line training (days) : 2.4
Daily price in face-to-face : 850 CHF
Daily price in remote : 408 CHF
Daily price in remote for students : contact us (only if student card!)
Daily price in remote (with recording) : 4250 CHF
Prices are per day per trainee without course material, without certificate, without evaluation, without exam, without training room or computer (these are each optional and must be requested in addition in the contact form for the establishment of the quote).
Tags : microsoft power query, power query course, power query training, power bi, power cours, power bi training, power query, m language.