Tableau Software Training - Tableau Desktop in Geneva, Zurich, Huston, San-Antonio, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Washington, Chicago, San Francisco and anywhere in Switzerland, USA, Great Britain and Germany.
ID : 1195
Goal : In this course, you will gain a fundamental understanding of the capabilities of Tableau Software Desktop. You'll start to see how you can quickly and easily gather data from a variety of sources, then clean and transform that data with just a few clicks. Then you'll also learn how you can improve results by integrating disparate data sources and adding simple calculations. Next, you'll learn how to explore your data with simple visualizations and dashboards. Finally, you will learn why measures are necessary to keep your data up to date. By the end of this course, you will have a good understanding of the basic skills needed to use Tableau Desktop to acquire and transform data, enhance data for analysis, and produce reports and dashboards. This training prepares participants for the Tableau Desktop Qualified Associate and Certified Professional certification.
Audience : This training is mainly intended for engineers, business analysts, data analysts and finance professionals.
Prerequisites : To follow this training, it is advisable to have basic knowledge of business intelligence and to be used to working with data in a spreadsheet or a database server.
- Understand the differences between Tableau Desktop, Server, Online, Reader, Public
- Recommended technical configuration
- Discover the user interface
- Understanding the Different Types of Tabs in a Workbook Tableau Software
- Create datasets from relational databases (Web, Odata, Azure, SSAS, SQL Server, Cubes etc.)
- Save and share a data source
- Create datasets from Data Models or Data Files (*.txt, *.accdb, *.xlsbs, *.csv, *.xml, *.json, etc.)
- Refresh data
- Connection options
- Format (type), sort, filter, group and prioritize (dates or other) data
- Clean data and handle errors
- Create links (joins) between data tables
- Fusion of data from various sources
- Creation of simple calculated data (aggregation, sums, max, min, si, etc.)
- Create advanced analytical calculations (Rank, Lookup, Running, Window, LOD, etc.)
- Creating parameterized queries
- Inserting tabular or graphical visualizations
- Layout of visuals in a dashboard
- Visual formatting options
Pedagogical method : This training is based on exercises mainly imposed by the trainer or on customer files if the data and related requests have already been submitted sufficiently in advance.
Suggested duration for presentiel training (days) : 3
Suggested duration for on-line training (days) : 3.6
Daily price in face-to-face : 800 CHF
Daily price in remote : 384 CHF
Daily price in remote for students : contact us (only if student card!)
Daily price in remote (with recording) : 4000 CHF
Prices are per day per trainee without course material, without certificate, without evaluation, without exam, without training room or computer (these are each optional and must be requested in addition in the contact form for the establishment of the quote).
- Title : Tableau Software
- Author(s) : Mustafa Yilmaz, Sylvain Felix, Laurent Pheulpin
- Pages : 159
- ISBN :
Tags : training, tableau software desktop, tableau desktop, business intelligence, business intelligence, tableau training, tableau course, tableau desktop training, tableau desktop course, dual training, business intelligence, tableau software training, tableau software course.